We can hardly believe that our 4th boy is here. It really is a dream come true for all of us. The past 5 months Tanner and Jackson have been waking up and asking how many months, days, and weeks until this sweet little guy would get here. We would talk about how big he was in my tummy and how big he would be when he was born. It has been so fun to have others just as excited as me and Bradley.
Little Zachary's timing was not what we had expected. With all the other boys being 10-15 days early we definitely expected the same for this baby. We planned an inducement date of Aug 7th, just as a precautionary measure but both Dr. Layton and I were sure that I would not make it to the 7th. Well I did! Despite all my walking, swimming, and determination to have him before the 7th I didn't. He was just cozy cozy in there and I would have waited for his timing, except Brad had to be back at work on Monday and Tanner and Jacks had to start school on the 13th. So on the 7th I had to call to see when I could go in to start being induced. I finally went in at 1:00. From that point things went really fast. It is always such an exciting time in the hospital knowing that in a few hours you are going to meet a member of your family that you have been carrying around for 9 months. Just walking into the hospital brought back all the wonderful memories of each of my children's births. Each one was so different and so special and this was just the same. It was nice to have a few hours waiting with Brad to have that time with just him talking about everything. Then at about 5:00 I got my epidual and they had me lay on my side. About 20 min later they decided to have me roll to the other side and when I did I immediately felt like he was ready to come and he was. So Zachary was born at 5:30 pm. 20 Inches long 6 lb 11oz and lots of fuzzy brown hair.
Since then we have all been taking turns holding him and he is a wonderful addition to the family. He is mellow and really only cries if he is cold. When he is hungry he smacks his lips for a while and waits. It is perfect because I know that if he were to cry a lot Wyatt would be "helping" with everything. The boys are so funny about holding him and will keep him for about 20 min at a time. I keep checking to see if they are ready for a break, but they insist that they keep holding him. I couldn't have asked for better boys or a better baby. If I could freeze time I would to keep this newborn spirit in our home with the sweetest 6, 4, and 2 yr old. We are very blessed to say the least. And although I don't write as much about everything as I did with the first it is because I have little time and I choose to spend it with them rather than writing about them. What a wonderful family I have and I cannot help but feel extremely blessed! f only we could decide who Zachary looks like.....
San Fran sisters trip
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment