Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Wyatt Douglas

We are all thrilled to have our little bundle of joy here!!  To say that the boys love him is an understatement.  We are all in heaven.  His arrival was a little bit of a surprise, but I had the feeling like it was going to go similar to this....

On May 21st I had an appt with Dr. Layton (the best OBGYN evver) and he told me that I was progressed more than expected since Wyatt's due date wasn't until the 13th of June.  He told us that if we didn't have anything going on that we should spend the weekend in the valley just to be careful and that he figured the next week I would have my baby.  This was a little earlier than we expected and Rach (my sister and go-to babysitter) was going to be in Cali with her family.  We ended up staying at her house and had a little vacation and then I had my appt on Tues morning. While getting ready I decided to get everything ready to go because I felt like Dr. Layton was going to tell me that I was in labor and just didn't know it and that I should go right to the hospital.  Crazy thought because how can one not know if they are in labor, but I still couldn't shake the thought.  So off we went to the appt with all of our stuff.

I went in and Dr. Layton decided to do and ultrasound.  I am not sure if it is just because I hadn't gained weight that week or what, but I am sure there is some inspiration here.  When he looked he found that my fluids had dropped off and that they were at a 6.  He looked at me and said, "It is a good day to have a baby, I am going to send  you in to be induced right now."  Had I gone any longer I would have been at a higher risk of a C-section.  So Brad and I tool the boys to  Jeck's house (Brad's sister).  said we would see them in a little while and headed to the hospital.  It was so strange to go without feeling contractions and in the middle of the day.  We checked in at 11:00am and I got hooked up at about 12:00.  I was a little sad  because I love the excitement of going into labor, but this was so much calmer for the boys and I knew it was the right time. I waited to get my epidural until my pain was HIGH and so it helped me feel like it was time.  It was a very peaceful afternoon knowing that the boys were having fun with one of their  favorite aunts and that our baby was safe.    At 4:50 or so I started to push, I had to push 2 times and he was born at 4:58.   5 lb 14 oz, 19 in lots of brown hair and perfect!!!  I could not have asked for a better delivery, or a more peaceful feeling about where my boys were.    I feel so blessed and know that this was all an answer to my prayers.

After the boys finished swimming they came to see him and just like us they were in love at first sight.  Jackson has never paid any attention to any babies, but the first thing he wanted to do was to hold Wyatt and give him kisses.  He was so sweet and soft to him and  was very serious while holding him.  Tanner we knew would be smitten and we were right.  He  could not believe that he could hold him as long as he wanted and that we would  get to take him home.

Since we have been home the excitement has not worn off even in the least.  Someone is always wanting to hold him and he is a good sport about being passed around all day.  Wyatt rarely cries, really only if he is not fed within a reasonable time, has a dirty diaper that has been overlooked, or during his bath (except for when he gets his hair washed- he loves it and will stop crying and relaxes).  He is a good little sleeper and brings such a sweet spirit into our home.  I wish that I could freeze time!!  He loves to be snuggled, loves to be swaddled, loves to sleep, loves to get his hair washed (not the rest of his body), and loves to eat.  He does not like to have messy pants, to be undressed at all, or to be cold at all.  Here are some pictures of his arrival....

No comments: