Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Jackson 3 Years

Jackson, Jackson, Jackson.... he is so funny!  He is a very happy little boy that loves to make people laugh.  Most things he says make me laugh just because of how he says them.  He is such a snuggly little boy that does his own thing.  Jacks does not care to stay with the crowd.  He will play for a little bit and then he will come find me and play with me, or he will go off on his own doing who knows what.  This is good because i never have to worry that he will be a follower, but also bad because I have to watch him and know what he is doing.  Jacks is not opposed to getting into things or  wondering off alone.  Jackson loves shows and will ask to watch them at the funniest times. I will be putting him to bed and he will ask, "Mom, can I watch a show?"  I have to laugh every time.  Jackson also LOVES babies.  He will sit and play with them and is so cute with them.  Wyatt and him still have their go arounds because Jacks loves him and LOVES holding him....Wyatt loves him being by him not holding him...this leads to a lot of crying.  Jackson still lovest o be held and will come to me throughout the day and ask me to hold him.  I LOVE IT!  It is especially nice when we go visit someone.  Tanner does not remember that I even exist and so I love that Jacks does not care to stay with the boys and he will need some holding time at some point.  On the other hand he does not love to be held or snuggled in bed (the complete opposite of Tanner).  Jacks is an early riser and then will come in our bed and will lay by me rubbing my face, sticking his finger in my nose, putting my ear, none of which he is doing to be naughty, he is just laying there and thinks this is OK to do.  So, Brad and I are not too sad that he doesn't need to be snuggled in bed and likes to sleep alone.  Jackson loves the color yellow.   He also loves "Rubys"  i.e. nursery.  He is so funny in there and loves to help and take care of the kids.  He doesn't enforce rules as much as he used to by takeling kids that were running (after I had Wyatt he thought he was a nursery worker and was in charge of putting a stop to the running).  Jackson is a little more reserved and quiet at first but then will be snuggled on your lap once the introductions are over.  I have to let people know this about him so that they are OK when he is on their lap snuggled in (his gymnastics teacher, Brads assistant, nursery leaders, etc.).  Jackson is very kind to others and only fights with Tanner because I think that is just what brothers do.  He is the best little side kick Tanner could have ever asked for.  He thinks that everything is Tanners and he loves to do what Tanner wants, but is also fine playing by himself.  Tanner loves to dress him up in his clothes and I will hear him telling Jacks that today is a special day and so he gets to wear Tanners clothes.  The other day when Jacks was getting ready he asked if today was a special day.  Tanner said, "no but all of April will be special."  Jacks just said OK.  He will often refer to Tanner to verify what I have said.  If I tell him it is cold outside he will turn to Tanner and ask if it really is cold outside.  Luck for me Tanner thinks that I know everything and so he usually goes with what I have already said.  Jacks definitely is the sweetness in our family and has a smile that can melt anyone.  We are lucky to have him and love him!

No comments: