Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our Utah Trip


This last week, Tanner and I went to Utah to visit my sister Ashley, her family, and my mom and other family members. It was my first time to travel on a plane with an infant. I'm sure that every mother could agree that the first time is a little stressful, but I was amazed and grateful for how helpful people were. Tanner did really well on the plane. However, on the way home, he would sit and stare at the man sitting next to us and as soon as the man would look at Tanner, Tanner would burst into tears. I'm not sure if it was because it was the first time he had seen dark facial hair, but I kept having to turn Tanner so he would be looking in the opposite direction. It was so fun to be in Utah and see my family that lives there. Tanner loved seeing his cousins and other family members. Every time my grandma would sit with Tanner, he would talk the entire time. It was so cute! While we were there, my mother enjoyed her favorite past time of rocking babies to sleep and Tanner loved it!

2 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

I bet Kate and Savannah were in HEAVEN with a new little baby around to hold and love!! I sure miss those girls!

Cheramie said...

i'm glad the trip went well for you and tanner, that can be stressful. maybe next time you'll just have to ask the offending facial hair person to "please don't look at my baby".