Thursday, June 5, 2008

Presenting Miss Tanner Bradley Smith




In preparation for Tanner's blessing this Sunday I started to think about a purchase that I made some 4-5 years ago. I was out shopping and found the most beautiful blessing gown that was on sale, and having some of my mother's blood in me I was not able to pass it up (it is a sickness I know). Well, as you have probably guessed it I just needed to try it on a baby, so while Brad was at school, Tanner and I had a little dress-up party. I figure that boys used to be blessed in christening gowns so it is OK, although Brad might feel a little differently. At least Brad can be happy that even though Tanner is in a frilly dress he doesn't look much like a little girl.

5 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

OH my heck!! I am dying laughing. Tanner couldn't fool anyone-he is NOT a girl for sure! I was with you when you bought this and although it is a beautiful dress-it does not suit him! We can't wait to see him on Sunday in his "real" blessing outfit! Very funny Jess!!

Nicholas and Ashley said...

IT took me awhile to figure out if this was Tanner or maybe Isabel, I was a little confussed until I read. That is so funny, he is for sure a little boy. What a funny picture.

emily, etc, etc said...

I think that dress would make any baby look "beautiful" - what a lovely blessing dress. I can't wait to see a picture of one of your daughters in it! Rachel is right - he wouldn't fool anyone - definately a boy!

Ryan and Renee said...

You are so funny! I am dying. I can totally see Tanner looking around thinking, "I hope no one catches me in this." He sure looks pretty.

Cheramie said...

that is so funny. i can think of some great times in the future to pop these pictures out-first date, wedding video, tanner's gonna love you for it! i agree, he's all boy though.