Thursday, October 14, 2010

David & Adam

There are some games at our house that we play daily, and this is one. Tanner loves to pretend that he is David and I am Adam. He will tell me, "You not mom, you Adam," and then continue to ask me, "How's your day Adam." My reply to this is always, "My day is good David thanks. How is your day?" If I don't refer to him as David he will be sure to remind me that he is not Tanner. It is so funny to see the things that he picks up. Here are some of my other recent favorites.

He walked up to Jackson and said, "Hey soul sister."

When I told him that Brad had to leave he said, "Oh and then I have to cry?" And sure enough he did.

When we were at Grandma and Grandpa Smiths Carolyn (Brad's mom) was telling me how she was going to put another bed in one of the rooms and Tanner thought she was talking to him and said, "Oh ya that would be nice!" Not sure if he really even understood the conversation, but he was sure that he was part.

Phrases that I hear all the time now: "What does that mean?" He asks this about everything, for example, "Dinner what does that mean?"
"Did you know that?" No matter what my response is he always says, "Good!"
"Stay back, I'm workin." I think it is obvious that we have had a lot of home repairs from this statement.

1 comment:

emily, etc, etc said...

That is funny that the names are David and Adam - you know those are my boys' names!