Tuesday, March 16, 2010

He is here!!!!!

He is here! We are so excited to announce the birth of Jackson Wells Smith 7lb 3oz, 20 1/4 in, born on Thursday March 11th at 6:46 am.

I said that I was going to go in on Wednesday evening, and much to everyone's surprise, I was right-people should know by now to never doubt me. I started to have contractions at about 5, but they were not bad and so I thought that I could for sure make it until morning-especially since I was having anxiety over being separated from Tanner. I was also nervous because I loved my labor experience with Tanner and was afraid that it was an unrealistic labor to expect again. With all of my determination to make it until morning, we ended up meeting up with my sister Rachel at 12:00 am to take Tanner. He was such a little champ about the whole thing and was not disturbed to get up in the middle of the night and leave his parents-not a tear was shed from his side. We got to the hospital and were checked in and put in a room at 2:00 am. I was very thankful that they did not make me walk for an hour like I had to with Tanner. Once everything settled down and I was in a bed, we were able to take a little rest-I was not able to sleep because I was too excited and was thinking about everything and how different things would be. I was so happy to know that this labor was turning out to be just as perfect as my labor with Tanner. We had the best nurse, Brian, who was so comforting and helpful. At 6:20 am the doctor was called because Jackson was ready. There is something so special about the early morning that can even be felt in the hospital room with no sleep. At 6:35 they had me start pushing. I must say it was nice to somewhat know what was going on and to be able to talk about it and hear how he was progressing. At 6:46 he was here all 7lb 3 oz and 20 1/4 in of him! The one word that describes the whole situation is peaceful. It has been so special to have him here and to see Tanner with him. When Tanner came to visit us for the first time he just wanted to see Jackson Wells and was not too interested in me-which made me more at ease about being away from him. He was having the time of his life with his cousins and was ready to get back to the fun about 30 min after arriving. The only way I could get him up to see me was to bribe him by telling him that he could hold Jackson.




















































































3 comments:

Laura Rahn said...

He is so beautiful. I am glad it all went well. I feel like he looks just like you, Jess. I love you!

Ryan and Renee said...

Congrats!! He is so cute! I am so happy for you guys.

Lacie Pearson said...

Congratulations! It is so fun having two boys close together. They will have a ball with each other!