Saturday, May 9, 2009

12 month stats

Weight: 19.13lbs 10th percentile
Height: 30 ½ in 75th percentile
Head Circumference: 18 ½ 50th percentile

It is crazy how fast time flies. I cannot remember our lives without Tanner, yet it seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. What did we do with our time before he came? I feel like I laugh all day long at how funny he is and cannot believe how much he learns.

Here are some of his favorite things right now.

1. Copy cat: This is for everything. If he sees (or hears) Brad spit he will start trying to as well. If I am wiping anything he will wipe his little hand where mine is. It is so funny to see what we look like in the eyes of a one year old.

2. Oven mitt: He puts this on at least once a day. He will walk around the house pointing his arm straight forward and then will start to bite it.


3. Keep away: He loves to play the game where he starts to walk to you and then as soon as he gets close he will turn and run away laughing the whole time. I will then follow him and the game will continue- there are a lot of tumbles during the game because he is trying to run and he is laughing so hard.

4. Emptying anything: His favorites are the rag bucket, hand towel drawer, toy basket, Brad’s underwear drawer, all bathroom drawers, his drawer, OK I now that I think about it it is all drawers in the house.


5. Learning: it is crazy to see the little things that I never would have thought about before, but when you can see the learning that takes place to achieve it I love it. The other week I stacked a base of block that Tanner likes to nock down, but instead of knocking them down he came over and added blocks making it 4 blocks higher. He will also get out my straightener or hairdryer and try to plug them in (don’t worry all the outlets are covered). This amazes me because I can’t believe that he knows that is what I do when I have them and while I am using a different outlet.


6. Phone: He will carry phones around the house holding them to the back of his head talking pacing the house.

7. Monitor: If he sees his baby monitor off the charger he has to get it a try to put it back in our room where it goes. He is not tall enough to reach it, but he gives it his best effort.

8. Dishwasher: If he hears it open he is on his way to come help. I try to get it closed before he gets there, but if I am not fast enough or if I turn my back for a second he will climb up on it and start to “help”.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

My 2-yr-old is obsessed with phones too - and same thing, just walks around the house "talking!"

dani said...

He is getting so big! Just one question, Is that a pink backpack???