Thursday, December 11, 2008

Yes Still Alive and Well in Utah…

We are still here in Utah and are loving our time visiting with friends and family here. It is amazing how fast the time has gone and we cannot believe that we are almost ready to head home. Since it has been awhile since our last post I am going to hit the highlights.

Grandma Anderson

I have come to the decision that peoples true self comes out when you are older and no longer care about what others think and I believe this to be true with my grandma. She is one of the kindest little ladies there is. Little kids love her and she is equally fond of them. She is always looking for wys that she can help you and I feel very blessed to have her as my grandma. She has always been very creative and has so many stories to tell. I have loved to hear about her life growing up and about my ancestors, it truly is amazing how much has changed in her lifetime. Listening to her has made me have a little more appreciation for the little things like running water, central heat, and plumbing. We are very lucky and blessed to have this time to spend with her and her cat (he really is the one who runs the house).

First Snow

Although it was not much of a snowstorm (however, we are supposed to get one starting this afternoon and ending on Tuesday) I still wanted Tanner to see the snowflakes. He didn’t have too much of a reaction (I am sure most 7 month old babies wouldn’t), I think he was just a little confused about why I put him on the grass and little things were falling on him.

Idaho

Last weekend we went to see my mom and her sister’s family in Southern Idaho. I had not been there in two years so it was very fun seeing everyone. We went antique shopping with my mother and spent time with other friends and family. One of my favorite things was seeing my mom’s cats and birds. Tanner was a little taken back by the birds- and they don’t care much for babies so most of them would not come out of their cages. The cats on the other hand loved Tanner-especially Parker, if I could pick one cat to have he would be it. He was rubbing up to Tanner the entire time and didn’t care if Tanner grabbed his tail, ears, or skin (they don’t have much fur). The only problem was that he was trying to run away with all of Tanner’s toys.

Another favorite from our trip was playing Guitar Hero with my cousin Zack (who actually won a competition with an electric guitar as the prize). Let’s just say we left with an appreciation for real musicians (and those who are really good at Guitar Hero).

Standing

Standing has become a new fun activity for Tanner since we have been here. When you set him up he thinks he is the coolest baby in the world (and of course I have to agree). He is still working on crawling and can go forward a little, but if he is close to what he wants he would rather just stretch out and roll around until he can reach it.

1 comment:

Jake and Megan said...

Looks like a fun trip, but you missed all the snow here in Idaho! You will have to come back soon! We have heard about your mom's bird and cat, Mallory wants to go to Kate's grandma house. Tanner is so cute!