Saturday, November 22, 2008

Utah!!

Due to the lack of an internet connection, I have not been to post since we got. But with my husband’s sneaky abilities I am finally able to work on the blog. We made it here Saturday afternoon. I had been dreading the drive for sometime but am happy to report that Tanner was a perfect child the entire trip. The drive was beautiful and didn’t seem to take long at all. Ever since our arrival, Tanner has been Mr. Social and loves all the attention that he is getting. He especially loves Grandma Mary and can’t stop smiling whenever he sees her. The weather has been perfect for bundled walks and time sitting by the fireplace. Brad started working at the two clinics in Salt Lake and says he enjoys them and feels like he is getting a lot of experience. Tanner and I are enjoying our time at Grandma Mary’s and we have found that Tanner is not too interested with animals, despite my hopes of having an animal loving son.

Our chauffeur…just kidding the car was off when we took this picture .


We finally found a food that Tanner likes: carrots! He’s in my Grandpa’s old highchair and thinks it’s one of the best places to play.


We helped clean out Grandma’s closets and found some pretty funny things. Yes, I know I look disgusting (it right after we arrived), and yes, it is an adult onesie…


We’ve done some minor yard work. Now I would like to draw your attention to Brad’s shoes. There are two funny things about these shoes: the first you will understand if you have ever seen Kramer on Seinfield wear them; the second, is the fact that I’ve never seen them before in the three years that I’ve known Brad (he claims I have). And as soon as we take a trip with limited packing space, he decides they are important enough to come along…


Tanner is getting ready to crawl and scoots all around the house (in reverse). If you leave for even a minute, you’ll come back to find him under a table or halfway under a couch.

6 comments:

Holbrook's said...

Jess! You are in UT??? Call me!!! 816-799-6061 I would love to come down and hang out with you! I am up in Heber but I go to SL all the time. Tait is out of town for the next two days so I would be happy to come down! We could go to Gardner Village if you havn't been yet. I would love to see you!! And meet Tanner!

Damien and Ashley said...

Tanner is so big now! I haven't looked at your blog forever and can't believe how much he's grown. That's awesome that he is scooting everywhere. He'll be crawling before you know it! How fun!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

What a hilarious post!!! Tanner looks so cute (as always), but I rather enjoyed the adult onsie and the Kramer shoes...I'm still laughing!!!!!

Klan said...

Ah yes. The strength shoes. Brad used to wear those everywhere, especially doing yard work. What a dork!

Shannon said...

Brad I cannot believe you still have those shoes! I can't remember did you buy those yourself to increase your jump? Hilarious! Glad you're doing great in Utah. Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

Loughmiller's said...

Those shoes crack me up. I have never seen anything like them before. I can't believe your little guy is moving. Good luck, once this happens, he will be into everything.