Friday, November 7, 2008

6 Month Check-up



Weight: 17.4 50th percentile
Height: 27 1/4 75th percentile
Head: 17 1/4 50th percentile

First of all, Tanner did wonderful with his shots (at least that is what Brad tells me; I always go outside until they are done and them come in to hold my baby).

I cannot believe how fast 6 months have gone. I didn't know how fast they really grow until I had Tanner, and I now know how important it is to cherish each day-and I do! Six months is sun a FUN age! Tanner is always laughing and playing. He is the happiest, busiest little baby, and I think I will have my hands full once he really starts getting around. Here are some of Tanner's favorite things and some of our favorite things that we think are so funny. (*note: I completely understand if you don't want to read this long list- I like to use these posts for me to record all the little things Tanner does.)


1. Hats etc.- As seen in the Halloween pictures, Tanner does not care if something is on his head. The other night we spend an hour playing with him, putting different hats on him, and he could care less. Even when the hat would fall over his eyes, he would just have a little quirky smile like he thought he was being funny.

2. Jumping- Yes, he still loves to jump in or out of his jumper.

3. Diapers- yep he still goes more than the average baby, and I think that is where his college fund has gone (we like to use a line from Christmas Vacation to talk about that, and if you have seen the movie I am sure you know what one it is).

4. Sitting- Tanner loves to sit and play with whatever you put in front of him. Everything is a toy in his eyes and everything is for him. Although he loves sitting he doesn't stay long now that he is getting the hang of rolling and scooting. I will put him down and walk away and 10 seconds later he is about 3 feet away from his starting point. Watching him get out of sitting position is funny because he does a nose dive that turns into a roll-so far no injuries.

5. Daddy- It is so funny to see his face when he hears Brads voice. His eyes light up, there is an instant smile, a squeal, and the jumping beings. If Brad doesn't come to see him right away Tanner will keep looking over his shoulder to see Brad and then start it all over because he is sure his Dad will come and get him.

6. Squealing/Laughing- Tanner looks for things to laugh at and he doesn't need a reason to squeal other than he loves it.

7. Tummy- I never thought that I would put this as something he loves, but he does. He loves to get on his tummy to rock and scoot. He likes to sleep on his tummy and smash his face in between the bumper and mattress.

8. Sleeping- Still NOT one of his favorites. We get 3-4 30 min naps; he does not want to miss anything.

9. Sleeping with Mom and Dad- now that is a different story. He loves when we finally get him in our bed and I love it too. Just the other day Brad told me that he did love it when he would wake up to find Tanner snuggled up against him. I knew he would cave eventually. Who could resist a cute little baby sleeping with you? I still haven't convinced Brad that a family bed is the way to go...

10. Cow- He loves his big stuffed cow and will pull it onto himself while laughing the whole time. It is still taller than him when he sits, so it is really funny to see him with it.

11. Dancing/Moving/etc- Tanner loves when you hold him and dance or throw him in the air. Really he loves moving around with you and loves the feeling of his stomach dropping.



12. Crib- He still loves his crib, and it is so funny when he wakes up from a nap and starts calling. By time I make it in there, he is on his tummy peeking out between the railing and the bumper. All I can see is the top of his head and two little eyes watching for me.

13. Binky- Still loves his binky, and he can now put it in his mouth on his own. I do not know why I think it is so cute, but I just love watching him do it using both hands.


14. Kisses- i.e. smashing his face into mine and blowing.

15. Computers and remote controls- Tanner is taking after his dad and likes the gadgets. If there is one in sight, he will practically flip out of your arms and try to get to it (that includes when he is nursing and realizes one is close).

We are so thankful for our little man and love him very much. I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful family.

3 comments:

Ryan and Renee said...

I love that picture of him peaking out of his crib! That is so cute. Don't you just love babies?

Carolyn said...

He sounds like a healthy and fun little boy! I like that crib picture too!

Cheramie said...

i want one of his squishy face kisses! he is so cute!