
Tanner has moved into a "big boy bed" not out of choice, but because he could climb out of his crib and we had the bed. The transition has been...well lets just say it leaves us with funny stories. Getting Tanner to fall asleep requires multiple times of putting him back on his bed and telling him to lay down. The other night we didn't check on him for awhile and when we did we found him on the tile floor outside his room asleep. It was the cutest thing in the world. In addition to adjusting to falling asleep in his bed is getting him to stay in his bed the whole night. He usually wakes up and will yell as he is getting out of his bed. Brad will go and meet him and put him back to bed, if he has a hard time going back to sleep sometimes Brad will lay on the floor by him. Well, the other night this happened and I didn't think anything of it when Brad left and I just fell asleep. Much to my surprise when I woke up an hour later Tanner was laying next to me in Brads spot fast asleep. I was so confused thinking that Brad had brought him in our bed even though he was no where to be found. I went into Tanners room to look for him and there he was asleep on the floor trying to help Tanner fall back asleep-clueless to the fact that Tanner was cozy in his spot. When I woke him up we thought it was so funny that Tanner had gotten up come in and climbed in bed without waking either of us up. Who knows maybe it was his plan to steal his dads spot the whole time.
No comments:
Post a Comment